You have a choice
Today, still over 50% of the poor are without safe water. What goes wrong? Click here.
Back to the river…??
Handpumps break down all the time, and because poor people cannot afford the repairs, the pumps remains broken and they have no choice but to go back to the dirty river again.
Why not use better pumps?
For many years, there simply was no Quality handpump available, so NGOs had to use poor quality handpumps, often made cheap in India.
The good news is:
FairWater developed (with Oxfam) a new and innovated handpump, the BluePump, that last a lifetime and is easy to maintain. Now the NGOs have a choice which pump to install in a community and many NGOs start using BluePumps now.
You also have a choice:
Next time when you donate to help the poor in Africa, think about making a donation to FairWater; it’s transparent and effective: 100% of your donation will go to Oxfam projects using more BluePumps (Click here for more info)
Let’s stop the pump crisis (How? Click here)
“Broken Rusting Pumps” in Africa.
The handpump crisis is well documented by a SKAT/UNICEF report from 2010 (see below). The good news is that since 2010 considerable progress has been made by installing many BluePumps all over Africa. Today over 500.000 people in Africa have safe water every day. With the reliable BluePump, we can solve the water crisis in Africa once and for all.
FairWater developed an innovative and transparent program, in which you can sponsor part of the cost of a BluePump for our partner NGOs to replace a broken pump with a BluePump, to give people water not for just a short period, but for a lifetime.
Every BluePump comes with free water bottles for school-kids, thanks to: www.join-the-pipe.org.
How? We put these durable water bottles in the pipes of the BluePump, so they arrive automatically in the community when the BluePump is installed.
Do you like our practical approach? Join us at Facebook (Click here) or sponsor a BluePump for Oxfam (Click here).
Our impact since 2010:
With our partner NGOs we provide now sustainable water to over 500.000 people and realised over 1.000+ BluePumps in Africa, of which over 80 BluePumps directly sponsored by FairWater donors, and distributed over 40.000 water bottles for kids.
BluePumps are strong & reliable and last a lifetime. That is what poor people need to come out of poverty.
Rehabilitation with a durable BluePump is cost-effective; a new expensive well is not needed.
Donors can see their sponsored BluePumps on our Google Map (click here).
Local Partners install & maintain the BluePumps. This creates trust, local employment and low-cost sustainable operation.
See for instance our Sanex Zero% sponsor project, where we replaced in 50 villages broken pumps by a BluePump, for 25.000+ people.
10 Strong points for BluePumps:
1. Bluepump piston has no rubber seal. Other pumps have seals that wear out.
2. BluePumps have 2 stainless steel, long lasting foot valves. Other pumps have only one 1 foot valve.
3. BluePumps use quality PVC pipes and stainless steel rods. Other pumps have serious rusting problems.
4. BluePumps have heavy duty bearings lasting 10+ years. Other pumps have fragile (plastic) bearings.
5. BluePump rods use long lasting, floating double centralizers to make pumping easy.
6. BluePumps are reliable up to 100m deep. Other pumps fail beyond 40m.
7. BluePumps are lighter to operate and produce more water.
8. BluePumps are easy to install & maintain with only standard tools. Other pumps need special tools.
9. BluePumps are installed & maintained by local dealers and in-country service.
10. BluePumps are cheap (less 25 US$ per year) to operate; Other pumps need up to 500,- US$ per year.
Testimonial: See the video below how the people in the field appreciate the BluePump.
“Development starts with durable BluePumps
and free BlueBottles for children.
The most cost-effective and sustainable
solution to solve water problems in Africa“
Click here to make a donation.
NGOs that want to start using durable BluePumps are very welcome to become a FairWater Partner and obtain sponsored BluePumps.
Do you like our practical no-nonse approach? Join us at Facebook (Click here) or sponsor a BluePump for Oxfam (Click here).
Contact us for more details.